MBA programs in Canada are an opportunity to get a prestigious business education and a diploma that meets international quality standards without going broke on the training itself.
Business schools in Canada, for the most part, are younger than their European and American counterparts, which is why they are inferior to the latter in terms of popularity in the educational services market. But for the same reason, MBA prices in Canada are much lower than in other English-speaking countries.
At the same time, the quality of business education in Canada is no worse than, for example, in the United States. Diplomas from Canadian business schools are highly regarded throughout the world. Graduates of the Canadian MBA easily find work in companies engaged in the production of various goods and services or successfully promote their business projects.
Features of studying for an MBA program in Canada
The MBA education process in Canada is based on the American model. The curriculum includes theoretical and practical lessons. As for the theory, in MBA courses in Canada, students study about 10 basic disciplines (accounting, marketing, management, finance, etc.). The practical part of the training usually includes a study case (case study), discussions, business games, and industrial practice.
Yet business education in Canada differs in a number of ways from the American MBA. In US business schools, the standard Fulltime MBA program lasts at least 2 years. At the same time, MBA training in Canada can take 1 – 1.5 years. As a rule, for the first six months or a year, students study basic disciplines, followed by specialization, and optional subjects appear – international business, strategic management, personnel policy. The student forms his curriculum independently.
Another important feature: Canadian business schools operate only on the basis of universities. Canadian colleges do not provide postgraduate programs, including an MBA.
How to Apply for an MBA in Canada
The requirements that Canadian business schools place on their applicants vary from university to university. As a rule, there is an age limit for applicants to the MBA program in Canada: universities usually accept students at least 21 years old. In addition, most business schools only accept students who already have senior management experience (1-3 years for a full-time MBA; 5-7 years for an Executive MBA).
To enroll in the MBA program in Canada, you must collect the following package of documents:
- Diploma of Higher Education;
- Certificate of passing the TOEFL or IELTS language test;
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) certificate;
- CV (resume) and Statement of Purpose (motivation letter / essay);
- Letters of recommendation from teachers from the previous place of study;
- Official letters from the place of work.
Benefits of Obtaining an MBA in Canada for Russian Students
For a student from Russia, studying under the MBA program in Canada has a number of undeniable advantages:
- The cost of studying and living in the country of the maple leaf is significantly lower than in neighboring States.
- MBA programs in Canada are shorter than in the US. This means that by getting a business education in Canada, you save not only money but also another, no less important resource – time.
- Canada is known for its hospitable migration policy. The country’s authorities are willing to issue work permits to foreign students of local universities.
- Students of Canadian universities are legally allowed to work. This means that right in the learning process, you can gain valuable practical experience of employment in an unfamiliar country, as well as earn some money.
Cost of MBA programs in Canada
The cost of obtaining an MBA degree in Canada is highly dependent on the status of a particular business school. Typically, the cost of the program ranges from 15,000 to 60,000 Canadian dollars (from 11,000 to 45,000 US dollars).